FULL – TIME STUDIES
David Livingstone College of Education (DALICE) is a Grant Aided Institution that belongs to the Council of Churches in Zambia (CCZ). The College offers Junior Secondary School Teaching (Secondary Diploma – 3 Years).
The program targets Grade 12 school leavers who will meet the admission criteria and are able to sponsor themselves.
To be admitted to the program, an applicant is required to have fulfilled the following conditions;
- He/she must have obtained 5 ‘O’ levels including English Language.
- Of the 5 ‘O’ levels at least 2 must be merits or better in teaching subject(s).
Since this is a full time program in which students will have a maximum of 6 hours of study time per day, the program duration will be three years.
Mode of Delivery
- The program is delivered through full-time study within the existing college administrative structures and organization.
- Six contact hours per day from 08:00 hours to 16:00 hours, Five days a week which totals to 30 hours per week.
- Students are required to participate in classroom activities in local schools in year two and three. School attachment will be followed by school attachment reports and two – three weeks of supervised peer teaching in subject areas.
To pursue the secondary teachers diploma program an applicant is required to study the following categories of subjects:
- Compulsory Subjects: Theory and Practice of Education, History and Philosophy of Education, Sociology of Education, Educational Psychology and ICT for Classroom Practices with permissible combination of any 2 of the following from the table
- Undertake one full school term of teaching experience in relevant teaching subjects in year two and three
|1||MATHEMATICS AND PHYSICAL EDUCATION|
|2||MATHEMATICS AND RELIGIOUS STUDIES|
|3||MATHEMATICS AND ZAMBIAN LANGUAGES|
|4||MATHEMATICS AND SOCIAL STUDIES|
|5||PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND SOCIAL STUDIES|
|6||PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND FRENCH|
|7||PHYSICAL EDUCATION AND ENGLISH|
|8||RELIGIOUS STUDIES AND SOCIAL STUDIES|
|9||ENGLISH AND ZAMBIAN LANGUAGES|
|10||ENGLISH AND SOCIAL STUDIES|
|11||ENGLISH AND FRENCH|
|12||FRENCH AND SOCIAL STUDIES|
|13||ZAMBIAN LANGUAGES AND SOCIAL STUDIES|
|16||EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION|